39 York Road
1st Floor Malling House
Kent ME19 6QL
Calle Sant Miquel 55
Telephone: 0203 7142400
© 2019 JS Projects.
For main contractor
Programme Development and Project Controls
£25m – £50m
High End Residential – Structural alteration and extensive refurbishment including swimming pool and sauna
Victoria – London
Extension and total redevelopment of Grade 1 listed theatre
Canterbury – Kent
St Pauls – London
Refurbishment of office block
The preparation of Programmes and Impact Assessment
£50m – £60m
Detailed programming of the new Kings Cross booking hall. We developed all aspects of the programme to manage this project
High End Residential
Bishops Avenue, London
High End Residential – New Build
Civil and Industrial
NAREC / Horiba
Project management, Quantity surveying, Cost management and CDM co-ordinators
Feasibility study to deliver a design solution for a test rug on behalf of the ETI to evaluate the performance of newly developed wind turbine nacelles
Ford / Horiba
Upgrading a number of existing chassis dyno with new chassis dynos
Jaguar land rover / Horiba
Preparation of budgets for JLR board approval and drafting of tender documents on behalf of JLR
Retail / Residential
Russell Square – London
Programme management for the main contractor
Phased redevelopment of retail centre whilst including residential units
Marlborough Stirling Offices
Project management and design co-ordination
Construction of their headquarters building, which occupies 70,000 sq ft of office space
Ricardo / Horiba
Project Management, Quantity surveying and Cost management
New purpose built facility to house climatic test cell with facility to include a further chassis test cell
Cygnet healthcare – multiple projects over 10 years (repeat orders)
£5.2M (Derby) to £20M elsewhere UK
Derby – UK
Project management, Quantity surveying and CDMC
Delivery of a new secure 47 bed hospital housing medium and low secure patients, off town centre scheme with two blocks linked over 3 floors with recreation facilities
Providing planning support to the construction management team
Brand new Fosters designed 5 star development on an island site in The Strand, London
9 new stores – c£1.5M each
Europe – Various locations
Project management and Programme management
Procurement and delivery of several new and re-fit to retail units in city centres including: France, Italy, Germany, UK and others
Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Contract Administration and CDM
Sports accommodation, New build and development, Disabled access services, Performing arts studio, Development plan, Survey of existing buildings, Headmasters building and new swimming pool
Llanelli Scarlets RFC
£23M (Part of £200m development)
Pemberton, Carmarthenshire – UK
Project management, quantity surveying and health & safety
Construction of a new stadium, indoor training facilities, training pitch and athletics centre
Leicester Square – London
Project management and Quantity surveying
Refurbishment and relaunch of a premiere venue to its former glory as a casino, cabaret and restaurant with extensive refurbishment of original fibrous plaster work
Hotel and Residential
Planning and progress reporting
Refurbishment and new of derelict Grade 1 Listed Building into new apartments and 5 star iconic hotel
Project Lead, Planning & Co-Ordination
Project Management Support
Information Management Support
M&E Quantity Surveying
Delivery of design works for new hospital site. Completion to standard
Ian is the Managing Director of Initiate Consulting with full P & L responsibility for the business and its strategic development to an agreed plan within the PDSI Group. Ian is responsible for project and program management and cost consulting services in Transport and Infrastructure, notably frameworks for TfL, Network Rail, Aviation and DfT and more.
Ian’s career began in Construction with Trollope and Colls Ltd and he progressed through the company leaving as a site manager and joining John Lelliott Ltd where over 14 years he worked up to Group Construction Director. After a short period with Bovis he became Managing Director of Bowmer and Kirkland (London).
Ian has been MD of Hadley Property organising the business to enable large equity investment and a major growth of the operation.
Ian is an established professional, well known in his current role working with TfL as Strategic director on both the Northern Line Extension and the early optioneering stages of a major Bakerloo Line extension. He has a long and distinguished career in construction and has been director and managing director of well-known construction businesses and property developers. With 40 years of experience as business leader leading business operations and client portfolios including multi-million-pound contracts.
Leading finance and administration teams across the Group.
Brad has been MD of several property and construction businesses and has led both start ups and mature privately owned businesses.
He was previously Group Development Manager for BAA responsible for £600M aviation projects annually across all UK airports Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Southampton plus 3 EU airports retail assets.
Brad was involved in the design, planning and development management of the £18M redevelopment of the Daily Express grade 1 listed “Black Glass” building in Manchester. He was also responsible for the design, planning, construction and sales of 12 residential homes in Norfolk (£2.8M ) and 3 houses and 5 flats in Norwich City Centre (£2.4M).
An experienced developer and development manager with over 40 years experience in all property sectors including fund raising. Brad has been a Director of PDSI for 10 years and has been involved in all acquisitions and has been Finance Director and administration team leader since 2015.
Tim has over 30 years industry experience, and joined Profile in 2003, becoming a Director in 2005. He is a construction professional, experienced in all facets of project programming across a variety of sectors, from initial strategic assessments through the production and monitoring of the design, procurement and then construction stages, for both professional and end user clients, as well as contractors and specialist trade contractors. Tim also provides extensions of time and delay expert witness services.
Previous relevant roles include: The refurbishment and extension of Benenden Hospital, £60m programme management of a high end residential new build in London, design programme management of a £300m plus research laboratory for Francis Crick, £120m planning & progress reporting for the refurbishment and new extension to a derelict Grade 1 listed building into new apartments and the five star iconic St Pancras Hotel.
Tim has been with Profile since 2003, and a Director since 2005. Principal Director 2011, MD 2018.
Responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Group comprising; Initiate Consulting, Profile Consulting, Queensborough and JS Projects. He provides board leadership and financial stewardship with hands on involvement with key client accounts underpinning the importance of personal relationships and board level commitment.
Terry founded PDSI as parent company in 2006 to acquire Queensborough from its founder in 2006 followed by JS Projects in 2009, Profile Consulting in 2011 and Initiate Consulting in 2017. The founders of each business were known to Terry with terms negotiated on a mutually beneficial basis ensuring continuity of trading and future security for staff and clients alike.
Before setting up PDSI in 2006 Terry was MD of Schal Management (Carillion) Board Director of Mace Group in 1999 and before that a Director at Bovis running significant client programmes and portfolio projects across UK and Internationally. An industry leader with significant experience advising clients from early development and planning stages through feasibility and viability followed by procurement and delivery.
A construction engineer with over 30 years experience. Terry is an enthusiastic leader and motivator. A strategic thinker with strong management and interpersonal skills. Believes passionately that people are motivated through opportunity and opportunity is provided through growth which is created through service excellence.
• Review of and advice regarding alternative procurement options
• Management and monitoring of design teams
• Programming and monitoring design teams interfaces
• Interpretation of the critically of contractors bar charts
• Delivery strategy and management
• Client organisation skill gap analysis and ‘in-house’ strengthening
• Project team assembly and management
• Site acquisition assistance and management
• Stakeholder management
• Feasibility studies, cost modelling and bench marking
• Cost planning and detailed cost estimates
• Strategic construction advice
• Procurement and contractual management
• Value engineering and risk management
Our construction planning provide a unique support service to client developers and end users and contractors and also provide expert witness service in construction disputes. Our key offerings include;
• Preparation of detailed construction and tender programmes.
• Preparation of initial scheme feasibility programmes.
• Review of and advice regarding alternative procurement options.
• Management and monitoring of design teams.
• Programming and monitoring design team interfaces.
• Interpretation of the criticality of contractors’ own bar charts.
• Review of the practicability of activity periods and logic to assess programme feasibility and the implications of programme compression.
• The assessment of potential risk to identify particular areas for more intensive management and monitoring including Monte Carlo risk analysis.
• The reproduction of hand-drawn bar charts into fully logic linked critical path networks presented as quality Gantt Charts or line of balance.
• Establishment of project milestones and the identification of their criticality relative to individual project events and tasks.
• Planning support to employers’ and contractors’ own staff from pre-contract through to project completion.
• Full support to produce “As-built” records and for the analysis of the events which lead to delays and subsequent claims for extension of time.
PDSI are able to support and provide legal support services including;
• Expert Witness Services
• Expert Reports
• Dispute Avoidance, Mediation and Resolution
• Procurement and Contract Advice
• Quantification of Disruption and Quantum Claims
• Final Accounts Dispute
• Trouble Shooting / Recovery Management
Taking action to make sure a project succeeds – monitoring, auditing and rescuing projects that are not going as planned.
To ensure the best results from projects it is vital to monitor progress and quality against agreed criteria. PDSI can help ensure delivery to brief, budget and timescale, either on an ongoing or snapshot basis. If a project is failing to meet expectations, PDSI’s rescue package will identify why there is a shortfall and propose a strategy to realign a project and mitigate any damaging impacts.
This service is led by our RIBA qualified personnel. We can provide as a stand-alone service or as part of an integrated offering and includes;
• Detailed 2D and 3D site and logistics diagrams.
• 2D and 3D phasing models and diagrams.
• BIM models and 3D management.
• Full integration of BIM model and construction programme.
• Fully tailored to assignment requirements.
As noted in our opening introduction – in summary;
PDSI people are generally from major company backgrounds and possess in depth experience and will challenge the status quo to drill down into the detail where necessary to find optimum solutions for the client.
We are experienced in new build, refurbishment, and renewal projects across commercial, residential and hotel sectors. Also infrastructure and rail working with Cross Rail, TfL and auto-motive industry working in innovative R&D with Ford, Ricardo, JLR and emissions market leader Horiba.
Development management involves maximising the financial potential of land and property beyond the current use value. Our team have a significant portfolio of experience in this field and can successfully manage your development project throughout its life cycle. We work with our clients to achieve their objectives whether they include the generation of profits, increase in investment returns or delivering regeneration benefits.
Our key offerings include:
• Pre-development team structure and management
• Site feasibility, viability evaluation and estates due diligence reviews
• Project implementation strategy
• Liaison with funding partners and financiers
• Concept development design and project briefing
• Development appraisal and financial modelling
• Value management input into the business plan
• Client support for liaison with key stakeholders including adjoining land owners, local authorities and other third parties and approving bodies
• Project team selection
• Briefing and management of planning consultants, solicitors, agents, PR and marketing consultants
• Project monitoring and external financial reporting
• Establishing property management and estates management regime
Managing costs and maximising value for the Client are crucial to the success of any construction project.
At PDSI we maintain a close working relationship with our clients and adapt our services to deliver effective and relevant cost advice with which decisions can be made with confidence.
We work as part of the Client team, providing hands on services to the challenges through all stages of the project cycle.
Our dedicated team apply a vast depth of experience and specialist construction knowledge, when providing strategic advice or cost planning our projects. Furthermore we believe PDSI is a market leader advising on procurement strategy and execution of the works.
PDSI is committed to all projects we are involved in and we pro-actively advise, manage and forecast costs to ensure value and budgetary control is maintained.
Our key Cost Management and Quantity Surveying services include:
• Feasibility Studies, Cost Modelling and Benchmarking
• Cost Planning and Detailed Cost Estimates
• Strategic Construction Advice
• Procurement and Contractual Management
• Value Engineering and Risk Management
• Cost Control, Valuations & Change Management
• Due Diligence and Acquisition Support
• Specialist Procurement Services and Supply Chain Management
• Contract Administration
• Fire Insurance/Replacement Valuations
• Fund monitoring as monitoring surveyor
PDSI is the perfect choice to manage any outsourced construction project. Our services are usually required when a company may lack sufficient in-house resources or due to the complex nature of a project. Whatever the reason, PDSI prides itself on providing independent superior organisational and management skills to ensure all our clients’ expectations are met.
We offer a complete range of services to ensure your project is delivered to the highest of standards from beginning to end. We can put in place the right consultant team for your project, to manage the construction process, working on key elements such as planning, progress monitoring as well as the cost and quality control. We aim to ensure that the design, construction and commissioning processes are all delivered smoothly and always punctually.Our key offerings include:
• Client organisation skill gap analysis and ‘in house’ strengthening
• Delivery strategy and management
• Project team assembly and management
• Site acquisition assistance and management
• Stakeholder management
• Programme management
• Process management
• Cost management
• Fund monitor management
• Risk analysis and management
• Design Reviews and management
• Project and strategy audits
• Construction reviews / audits
• Supply chain management / procurement
• F, F & E coordination and integration
• Quality management
• Employer Age